Subject: News
To:
Well, some of you know and some of you don't, but I have had to have 2 pelvic ultrasounds now in the last month or so, to check some things out and get to the root of some issues. Well it looks like I have fluid built up in my left fallopian tube, it's called " hydro salynx" ( not sure how to spell it). It is just that, fluid, but it's bad fluid you don't want in that cavity at all, it can cause miscarriages, so of course if someone wants to have children, you don't want that fluid in there. Sooo, the only way to treat it is to have surgery and have the tube completely removed, so that is what I'll be doing.
There is also a 2nd "something" going on, there is a complex structure showing up on the ultrasound, which is either beside, in or on my left ovary...they are not sure what it is, they are pretty sure it's fluid filled, but they don't know for sure, and they won't until they get in there and actually see for themselves what is going on. So there is a slight chance they will have to remove my left ovary, or part of it, or nothing about the ovary at all...I won't know that until I wake up.
This is the type of surgery where they will cut, no laproscopy involved, so there'll be about 4 weeks or so of recovery. I haven't scheduled it yet, all of this just happened yesterday, I didn't leave the doctor until 5:30. But hopefully, in the next couple of weeks I'll have it, and I'll keep you posted.
The doctor said that this doesn't lessen the chances of being able to get pregnant, it just means I'll only have eggs coming down from one side....and it will happen every month. She said people get pregnant with only one tube and/or ovary all the time, so that made me feel better about things. Apparently, my mom only has one tube and ovary too ( i just found that out last night ), and she had all 3 of us, so I guess that's a good sign. The thing is though - the fluid will cause miscarriages, so you need to get the tube removed before you get pregnant, and since I'd like to be pregnant soon, I need to do it now. So that's what I will do.
So, please just say a little prayer and send some good thoughts our way. Billy is slightly nervous I think, but that is understandable. After my ordeal with my gallbladder, I feel like I'm a pro with being in the hospital, so I'm not nervous about the actual surgery at all, I just want them to do what they need to and make sure the other side and everything else is Ok, so we are still able to try to have children. So again, just keep us in your thoughts, and I will keep you updated on everything.
Love ya'll!
-Beth
No comments:
Post a Comment