I'm sorry today is a crazy day for me, have not been able to log onto e-mail very much.
Everything went Ok. I'm not overly excited about the doctor, he was not very personable and I just didn't feel like he really answered my questions patiently and thoroughly. He was nice enough I guess, but Billy thought he was like a robot, lol...
Anyway, bascially, he gave me some info, asked a ton of questions, and we have some sort of plan. I really wanted a timeline, but I dont' have one. Basically, I have to go for lab tests first, whic I have an appt for next week and I will meet with him again in 2 weeks. After we meet again, he will put me on some sort of de-regulation/suppresive medicine that bascially puts my ovaries in a basal state ( sort of like birth control pills do). I'm not sure how long Ill do this, maybe a month? ( this is what I don't feel like he gave me a clear time line). Anyway, after I do the de-regulation thing, I will start the injectable hormones and again, not sure how long I do that. After that, they'll retrieve eggs and all that good stuff. He said the whole IVF process takes about 6 weeks, and I'm pretty sure he says taht the 6 weeks starts when I start the injectable hormones.
Billy has to do 2 semen analysis, and he has the appt for the first one next week.
Sooo, all of that being said, I hope to start the injectable stuff by maybe the first part of March? That is just in my head though, the doctor didn't actually give me any dates or anything. I think he wants to do the lab work first, make sure there is nothing else hormonal going on with me, and will then proceed.
It was very overwhelming and I felt tired when we left.
No comments:
Post a Comment