Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Was this me?

I've always admired pregnant people and their bellies. I've always enjoyed looking at pictures of pregnant people and how much their bodies change. I think it's neat and natural and beautiful.
Now that I'm pregnant, I find that people stare at me, which is slightly weird. Anywhere I'm going, at work, at a store, anywhere, people politely smile and their gaze travels down to my belly. I can see it move, and I'm like wait, where are your eyes going?!
And they settle on the belly.
I wonder if I used to do that too? I think some if it is natural, you don't really mean for it to happen...but it's still slightly strange. So from now on, once my pregnancy is over, I am going to attempt to look at the person and NOT the belly. Unless I can do it in secret, lol...

1 comment:

Bill said...

Baby bellies are just too hard to resist! Enjoy the glances. Every time I see a pregnant lady I take a walk down memory lane myself. Lately, every pregnant lady I see makes me want to be pregnant again RIGHT NOW!