A: Emily weighs 24.10 pounds and is 32 1/2 inches tall. That means she is in the 75% for weight and 95% for length. William weighs 23.13 pounds and is 31 1/2 inches long. He is in the 50% for both height and length. I don’t know why I love hearing the percentiles, but I love their check-ups for this very reason. Dr. Cooper says they are both happy and healthy and are all set to come back at 18 months. She also did confirm that William had roseola, go figure….
B. We still love baskets around here. We don’t have as many out anymore, because they were being used as climbing mechanisms, but we still have a few.
C: William says Daddy, Doggie, Hi. Emily says Daddy, Dog, Juice, Hi, Thank you. Notice MAMA is missing from this list! Ugh – they can make the sound, but wont’ really say the word, not to mean anything at least. Hopefully soon, we sure do practice a lot, but when I say Mama, they say DaaaaDeeeee! Lol…
D: They love books, Emily especially. If they get quiet, and they’re not in trouble somewhere, they are in the book basket, getting all of them out, flipping through them. Emily will sit for 30 mins or more, just looking through her books. We need to get some more of the touchy ones.
E: They are sitting at the table now, still in highchairs, but pulled up to the table. They try to use plates, sometimes it’s successful, sometimes they end up on the floor. They both loooove spoons, and are improving each day with them. We still have a ways to go, but practice makes perfect. We have still not mastered being clean while we eat though!
F: Both babies love baths! William will NOT sit on his bottom though and it’s very frustrating, trying to make him sit and all he wants to do is laugh and stand up. Suggestions!? But they both love the water and never like to get out of the tub. We don’t stay in long, we do our business and get out, but they still enjoy their time in the water.
G: We try to stick to a routine. Get home by about 5, 5:15. Eat dinner. Play. Baths every other night ( so sue me if you think they should be bathed every night). Bedtime by 8:00pm. Bedtime is definitely way easier than it was before. This will probably be my kiss of death, but most nights they go right down without too much fuss. Emily is sleeping soooo much better too. She still has a few cry outs right at first, before 11pm, but after that, she’s normally good to go for the night.
I think that’s about it. 15 months ago these precious babies came into our world and things have never been the same! Lol, I still laugh and think about the way things “ used to be before the babies.” And it’s still hard to wrap my head around the fact that they LIVE here with US, and will for a LONG time! Hehe. We love them more than anything though and it’s so much fun being able to do more stuff with them, going on outings, eating out, just stuff we didn’t do for a long time with them. I think the thought of taking tiny baby twins out places was very intimidating! BUT – I’ve been there done that, so now I feel pretty good! Go ME!
Happy Tuesday!
2 comments:
They are getting so big!!! Love their bath picture :) Oh and shame on you for not bathing them every night! (NOT!!) Mine are lucky right now to get one every few days... I wait till the nights Darren is off so I don't have to lean over the tub :)
What a great update on your babies! It's funny that you like percentiles because I dread them since my petite girl is always at the bottom 5-10% :)
They are just beautiful and I can't wait to meet them in person!
Post a Comment