Thursday, March 27, 2008

Hi everyone! Just a quick e-mail to give you an update on what is happening with us. I met with the nurse practitioner yesterday for a check in about my diet, and on Friday of last week I got a packet in the mail with an IVF schedule. This was a surprise to me, since I thought I wouldn't know when we would start until after this appt ( yesterday).

Anyway, we will be starting the IVF process/cycle in April, and will go thru May. Basically what that means is that we meet with our nurse on 4/16 and go over everything. I will start having sonograms, I think 6 or 7 in total, and I will start the injectable hormones the last week of April. I will do them for about 3 weeks and we hope to do an egg retrieval on May 15th. That is our target date. We will then either implant them on May 18th or 20th, depending on which day the embryologist thinks is best.

I was not going to tell anyone about all of this, because I did want it to be sort of a surprise when we got pregnant, but I decided that I love you guys and you are all my closest friends, so I wanted you all to know, because I know I need prayers and support.

I would ask that you not spread the word too much though, because I don't want a lot of people asking me about it, especially if it doesn't take the first time, I think that would be too hard on me, having to go back and tell everyone it didn't work.

So, keep it quiet for a while if you would.
Kristy, I will be telling Jules and Lori I will be telling Linda, I just didn't have their e-mail addresses here at work.

Janet, you can tell Jamie too, or I will if you want.
Soo, that's the scoop! We are very hopeful and right now I think I am more nervous than excited. It doesn't seem real right now to me, but maybe after we meet with the nurse it will….

I just wanted to share our news and the update.
Love you all,
Beth

No comments: