Tuesday, December 23, 2008

From Friday, 33 week appt

We had our ultrasound today and everything looks good with the babies, and with me! Baby A is measuring about 5 pounds and 1 ounce, and Baby B is about 4 pounds and 12 ounces, so they're about 1/2 pound apart, which is fine. As long as they are within 1 pound of each other, that is good. Both babies have good fluid around them, and seem to be progressing and growing just as they should be. Baby A is still head down, and it is stretched out and up, it's back/butt is up toward the top of my stomach, on the right, along with its feet. Baby B is still head up, and exactly the opposite way, it's butt is down the left side, and right now, it is folded up with it's feet up and right near it's head. so basically, both of their feet are toward the top of my belly, which is right where I feel most of the movement. I am definitely swelling, and it's not going down too much at all. The doctor said that whatever I decided to do about work, they would support, and it would be completely fine and normal if I decided to quit work early. I'm going to just play it by ear, work the next 2 weeks, since I have 2 days off anyway, and then after the first of the year, see how the swelling is and see how uncomfy I am. Driving is not an easy thing right now, and having to drive 45 mins each way can be a bit much at times. They told me again that the babies probably would not move much more at this point, due to space constrictions. So unless a miracle happens and Baby B really decides it wants to completely flip, the likelihood of having a c-section is pretty high, since both of them will not be head down. I'm sure stranger things have happened, but the chances are decreasing, that's for sure! So in a nutshell, everything is still going just fine! They said the babies look good and healthy, and I am doing good. I am def. having contractions, I had 3 while I was there in the doctor's office, and I just have to watch them and be mindful of them and try to count if I can. I still dont' always know exactly when I'm having one, but I'm going to try to be more conscious of it. Since we've had some computer probs, my scanner is not hooked up anymore, but I'll see if we can hook it up again, and I'll scan a few ultrasound pics over the weekend and send them. You can see Baby B's face really good, Baby A's is all crunched down in the pelvis area, so you couldn't see it's face very well at all. Anyway, something is better than nothing! Keep us in your thoughts and prayers, it's getting close! :-)

5 comments:

Stephanie Perdue said...

It is getting exciting. I loved the Christmas card. Just think next year the babies will be almost a year old. :-)

My Bottle's Up! said...

oh goodness beth!!! merry merry to you all. sounds like you are doing just great. we will be praying for you all in the coming weeks and anxiously awaiting the babies' arrival.

Amber said...

I'm so happy that you have carried them so long. Sounds like things are going great - can't wait to see what they are!

Stephanie Perdue said...

I thought about you when I decided to do the project 365. I hope you are getting some rest.

Julie, the mama said...

I'm ready for AN UPDATE on this blog. Hope you are getting some rest!