Thursday, May 21, 2009

Slacker

Yes, I'm a slacker where my blog is concerned. I don't know why. I think about it a lot, and I think of things I want to say/type, but then I never do it. Now I feel sad because I feel like the time is slipping away from me, our babies are growing and changing, and I should have been writing about it. About the new things they do. We see them and we enjoy them, and I want to capture everything, I'm so afraid of forgetting. But then I never write it down, and it goes away...
*sigh*
I already feel like they are growing up too fast. Next Wednesday is their 5 month birthday and I can just hardly believe it. My babies are getting so big! They are so cute and we are having a lot of fun with them. All Billy wants to do is come home and lay on the bed and play with them.
Here are a few points for catch up purposes:
1. I got a new king sized bed for Mother's Day. It was a surprise from Billy and it's super soft and comfy and I love it. I didn't accept the surprise as well as I should have, as it was a BIG purchase, but I know we will enjoy it. And he bought it so " we could all lay in bed and play together." Lol. So far, we've been doing a lot of that, which is nice.
2. The babies still have not rolled yet, but they are getting close. Kristy said that Emily was doing a dance yesterday ( I didn't see it), trying to get over and just didn't make it all the way. I am videoing them alot, hoping to catch that first roll on tape, not sure if I'll do it or not. They both kick their legs a lot, try to gain momentum on their sides....and then nothing happens. It's really funny.
3. Emily is talking a lot more now. She makes almost as much noise as William does, and we have heard similar sounds from her, that we used to from him. She smiles all the time, which is such a welcome expression from her screaming when she was smaller. She cries rarely, unless she's just having an off day and she is just precious.
4. William is still his smiley self, though he is realizing that he likes to be around people more. He used to be very independent and woudl sit/lay by himself much more. Now he likes to be in the room with you, and if you leave for too long, he doesn't like it. He is a little more fussy lately and we are attributing it to his teeth ( maybe) and possibly some stomach issues.
5. They are starting to like one another and play with another, which is the most precious thing. They hold hands when they lay next to each other and they are constantly touching each other in some way. I guess it could be becuase they are in such close proximity to each other, but I like to think it's because they love each other! Hehe, time will tell on that one! :-)
6. My husband is wonderful and I love him so much. He is working hard at school and trying to be a good employee, even though they don't make it easy. He loves us and he adores me and I know that. I give him a hard time sometimes, and yes, he does things that make me feel INSANE, but he truly is a wonderful man and I am so blessed to have him.
7. We still need a bigger car, but we are doing Ok since we never go anywhere, lol.
8. Kristy is awesome. She loves our babies and treats them like her own. She knows them, knows their personalities and I can see that they love her back. I'm so lucky that this has all worked out so well.
9. They are still not sleeping thru the night. I haven't had a good, full night's sleep, for more than a few days ( when my mom was down) in probably close to a year. I had such a hard time sleeping during my pregnancy, I moved out to the couch about 3-4 months before the babies actually came. I am ready!
10. I am still exclusively nursing. Yes - that's a compliment to myself, and I am A-Ok with that. We are having some challenges right now, crying, not wanting to nurse, being more interested in their surroundings...but I'm trying to stay patient and work with them. I don't want to quit. I didn't realize how much I enjoyed it until I really started thinking about quitting, and what that would mean, in a lot of ways, and I recognized that I would miss it. Yes, it's very time consuming, and I could be doing many other things, but in the whole scheme of things, I think I'd rather be nursing my child than scrubbing the dirty shower.
11. I love my family! I feel like a family now. It's wonderful. Our babies are so great and they are healthy and happy and I don't think we could ask for anything else.
So there's my catch up. I'll post pics in the next post, since I always forget to do it first. Happy Thursday! Happy WET Thursday for those of us in Florida - ugh!!!!

No comments: