Because I believe in this ( most of the time, on most things), I am going to say out loud that parenting is very HARD at times. It's very challenging at times and it makes me want to throw my hands in the hair and just shake my head. I have moments of pure joy, joy that makes me want to hug my babies tighter than ever and brings tears to my eyes...and then the next minute, I feel frustration and defeat. It can happen in the blink of an eye.
I am having nursing challenges, and I'm trying to work through it, figure things out, keep on moving forward...but it's very tough. Verrrry very tough. It makes me feel like I have failed, even though logically I know I haven't.
Children are lovable and demanding and tiring and energizing at the same time.
Commercials make me cry. Computer games me irritated. I'm all over the place sometimes, today being one of those days.
Lol - I guess this is the life of a Mama. And that is me - I'm a MAMA! Eek! I still can't believe it at times. Those 2 babies right in there on the floor, on that little mat - they are MINE!!!! It's hard to comprehend sometimes, even though I live with them.
Anyway, I know I'm rambling, but I wanted to make this post today, since I'm trying to be better about it. Happy Sunday!
2 comments:
Oh, the life of a mama! You learned early just to put one foot in front of the other and do the best you can. That is all you can do. Fortunately all you can do is always enough.
You now are throwing up your hands.....oh my! You haven't even come to one of the truly hard parenting lessons yet:):) They are sooo easy now....just hold your breath for a minute and they will be throwing tantrums in the stores or screaming at restaruants or telling you how much you DON'T know...yep sweetie you haven't even seen the tip of the iceberg yet......wait for the HORMONES to kick in...yes the older you get the more you want to hug your own parents and tell them just how much you appreciate ALL that they have done and put up with from you:):):) Hang in there.....mothers everywhere are just getting by just getting through one day at a time.
Proverbs 16:3 Commit your actions to the Lord and your plan will succeed.
Committ your parenting to the Lord, he didn't promise it would be easy but you won't be alone.
Love ya!
De'Ron
Post a Comment