Yes folks, I painted my very first painting yesterday and I am very pleased with how it turned out. I have been playing around with this idea for a very long time. Saying I wanted to paint a picture, looking for something to put in our living room FOREVER, and just thinking, I ought to paint my own. I casually mentioned it here and there, never thinking I'd ever sit down and really do it. I am very unartistic. I am not creative. I can't draw one lick.
BUT - my wonderful babysitter bought me a canvas for Mother's Day and said that we would paint one day. She paints. So last night, 5 months after I got my canvas, I painted my painting. Kristy helped me with the concept, told me what to do, how to make it look better, but I really painted it myself. It is my masterpiece. Hehe.
My babies are growing by leaps and bounds. Both are fascinated with standing up on their feet and they want to do it all the time, making Mama's arms very tired. William is very close to pulling up, and Kristy said he actually did get all the way up today. He still doesn't lift his belly off the floor, but he sure can move fast!
Emily loves being up, I think because she likes to see everything and be a part of all the action. She loves to stand up and immediately gigles when she does. She still doesn't scoot, she's definitely a roller, but there's nothing wrong with that, right? She sat up tonight for the first time, doing it herself I mean, from laying to sitting. I saw her do it. I guess it might NOT have been the first time, but it was the first time for me.
It's hard to believe in just 2 1/2 months they will be a year old! EEEEk! This time last year, my belly was getting bigger and bigger and we couldn't wait for the babies to be here. It's still strange to me how one day they're not here, and then the next they are! I love them more than anything though, and since we aren't nursing anymore, I find myself holding them a little longer at night. Kissing their foreheads, resting my head on theirs, squeezing them a little tighter before I lay them down. I know these moments are going quick, too quick. And I want to save them as long as I can. I'll pass on the screaming fits, I'll pass on the whines for no reason, lol...but those precious sleeping faces - it'll get you every time.
Happy Friday!
Do you know what it is?!?!?!
2 comments:
your painting is really good, can't believe it was your first time =) Hope you are feeling better (boob wise)... you were nursing two babies so it probably took twice as long to get feeling back to normal. Normal...can you even remember what that was?? =) don't think we ever go back to normal!
You crafty, girl, you! The painting is GREAT! I'm so impressed with all of my talented friends. And just a little envious.
That last picture might be my most favorite. All of your faces show pure joy.
Your love for the twins is so inspiring.
Post a Comment