Thursday, March 4, 2010

Catch up List

I have been terrible about writing in my blog lately, not sure why. I guess I just go thru phases, even though I wish I had more of the "writing" phases than the "non-writing" phases. Oh well, such is life!
1) The babies are just getting into everything. Actually, William gets into most everything, Emily is not nearly as interested in getting into trouble as he is. We have recently moved the barricade that has been protecting our TV and entertainment area and man oh man - what a difference! William wants to be around that area all the time. Popping his hand does not seem to phase him, so we are looking for a good time-out area. I feel that he is a big young for time-out, but I have heard about people doing it this early, so we're going to try. Emily thinks it's all a big game. She will walk slowly over to the TV area, turn around to make sure you're looking at her, and then giggle, hide her facae, and wait for you to come and get her. She thinks it's hilarious, and actually, IT IS!

2) Speaking of funny, when Emily naps, or is actually in bed for bedtime, if she has not fallen asleep yet and you go in there, she squeals and jumps into her pillow and hides her face. Agian, she thinks it's the funniest thing. It's like she knows you "caught" her. It makes me smile just thinking about it.

3) Emily has been falling alllll over the place. She fell on Monday at the sitter's house, and bumped her eye, making a mark, and then also got a bump/bruise on her forehead. Once we got home, she promptly fell off one of the riding toys, and fell into a stack of coke 12-packs, hitting her forehead again and stabbing herself in the side. Tuesday I get a call from the sitter saying Emily had taken a terrible fall and was bleeding. She split the little skin between your top gum and your top lip and her lip was swollen and bleeding. She was fine, we called the doctor and all was fine, but still, she is so accident prone! She fell into William again last night and busted her bottom lip too, lol...not so much blood though, just a little.

4) We start swimming lessons on Saturday.

5) William is still doing really well with his letterbox and putting the envelope in the slot. He knows how to open the mailbox now, and get the letter out, and put it back in again. He is also doing pretty good with building small things. Emily is still not quite at the same stage that William is, but she is showing interest, so that's good.

6) William loves doggies. Emily loves monkeys.

7) Emily still is not liking her milk. I caved in and tried a tiny bit of strawberry syrup in it, but it didn't seem to make much of a difference. Since she has been so snotty lately, I haven't been worrying about it much, since milk is not good for snot, but I HAVE to make her drink it, once she is all well again. She really doesn't drink that much of anything, but especially not milk.

8) I'm ready for a vacation!

That's it for now, have to run! Happy Thursday!

2 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

Finally...an update on my precious twins! Isn't it funny how boys and girls are so different from such young ages???

Mike and Cicely said...

Thanks for catching us up! Glad y'all are doing well. Give that sweet Emily kisses and I hope all her boo-boo's heal quickly.