



We had our 2nd trip to visit the Easter Bunny today. Last year at this time, we had our very first trip to the mall in order to visit Mr. Bunny, along with a screaming contest in the drive-thru at Chick Fil A afterwards, but this year was smooth sailing. William and Emily loved the Bunny. We had an appt at JC Penney, since we're a member and all, and they walked right up to the Bunny, giggled and promptly sat down with him and started playing with some eggs. No screaming, no running away, just friendly with the big stuffed Bunny. Emily wouldn't crack too many smiles, though she was chatting away, but it was Ok, I was very pleased with our trip. We then took a trip to 5 Guys and had dinner. Just so you don't think I'm insane, I had Billy's parents for help, thank Goodness!We took a wonderful day trip on Saturday to Little Talbot Island and Amelia Island. We took a hike in the woods, and that went very well, both babies fell asleep. Me and Billy chatted, walked fast, walked slow, helped each other push the stroller thru the sand. Then, we get to the end of our trail, which normally leads right out onto the beach. Ahhhh, waves, sand, peace....but this time our trail just dumped off. It was high tide, and apparently they have some issues with beach erosion, because we faced a steep drop off. So challenge number one became " how to get down to the beach."
Once we conquered that, we were then faced with challenge number two " how to get the rest of the way down the beach when the tide was so high and there was no beach to walk on." We talked about it for a while, chatted with a one legged photographer that was contemplating the same thing we were, and then we decided to just go for it. We took off our shoes, and just went right through the water, stroller and all. It got close to the seat, but it didn't get anyone wet, and I guess that is what all terrain strollers are for, right? Our feet were like ice, but it was all in good fun and definitely worth it!
By this time, both babies were awake, so we got out and played for a while and had lunch. I am so thankful that they love the beach. I know this could change at any time, but I'm glad they're not afraid of water or sand. I think this summer will be so much fun, seeing them run and play and have a ball. We had a great day. We need more days like this, especially barely ever seeing Billy, so we all enjoyed each other very much.
Sunday was rainy and cold, so me and Billy ran errands and B's mom baby-sat. So our weekend was wonderful and so far, Monday has been wonderful too!
Happy Monday!
P.S. I'm on Billy's computer, and I just can't figure out why this is all underlined, please excuse....
3 comments:
The babies are so darling with the Easter Bunny! I love it! So glad y'all had such a nice family day on Saturday- what an adventure!
Those pictures are so good! Love the bunny ears on them :) Glad you had a good trip to the beach... I have yet to take mine!!! I guess I should before they are old enough to drive ;)
ok, that is IT...I have to get my hands on these precious babies SOON. They are absolutely adorable, Beth.
Love the story about the beach walk.
Post a Comment