Thursday, September 9, 2010

At 20.5 months

I'm a terrible blogger, I can admit it. I think about it, I think of witty things to write...but then I never take the time to sit down and actually do it. Not sure why, I guess there's no excuse really.
Anyway, just a short post to get some tidbits about what these babies are doing at 20.5 months:

1) William still loves doggies - imagine that. He says Doggie alllll the time, but it's very hard to tell between that and Daddy, they sound almost identical.

2) He is all boy, he climbs, gets into things, sits in time out every day and is also so sweet. He is the one that likes to hug Emily and rubs her back when she's crying. He will also bring her her blanket or kitty when she's crying, to make her feel better. It's so cute.

3) He loves to help do stuff. He helps Billy cook on the weekends. He helps me with the dryer and loves to help pull clothes in the laundry basket. He still loves to vaccum.

4) Emily is going thru a very....NEEDY phase right now. Only with me, only when it's just us 3 at home. It's pretty terrible. She wants to be held and carted around constantly. And while it's endearing, yes she loves her Mama....I cannot hold her all the time! She pitches fits and cries constantly if she's in one of her moods and I can't have her with me all the time. Nighttimes are a bit more challenging right now because of this. If anyone else is around, this doesn't happen, only when it's just us 3.

5) She still loves books and will sit and look at books for a long time. She likes to take all of them out and loves to sit in your lap and read. She still backs up and plops down, only now she says "sit."

6) Emily talks more than William. She can say pretty much anything. She is just learnign the word NO here in the last few days and has been saying it constantly. Anything you ask her, she says No.

7) Both love to brush their teeth themselves, but when I do it, they hate it! With a passion. They get so upset each night when I do their teeth first, and once they get the brush, they're fine. My friend that's a hygienist said we should do it that way, so that's what I'm going with for now.

8) Please don't ask about potty training. We'll do it. When the time is right. It's not right yet.

9) Emily has been having something going on with her GI tract, not sure what. I won't get into too much graphic details, but her poopy diapers have been very distinct for a few weeks now, and we can't figure out why. We are thinking it might have something to do with dairy products, so we are trying to take away yogurt and milk and see if that helps. So far we've had mixed results.

10) We now have a fish named Jag thanks to Aunt Christie and Uncle Chris. The babies love fish, and they like looking at Jag while they eat ( he lives on our kitchen table for now).

That's all I have time for now! Happy Thursday!

No comments: