Wednesday, August 27, 2008

First trip to the ER during pregnancy

And hopefully the last!!!
I was out to dinner last time with Kristy and Jules, at the Loop, and we were finished eating, just sitting around talking. I was really listening and suddenly, I started feeling weird. I got very hot and very sweaty and I felt like I was being back into a tunnel of some kind. I couldn't hear well and the room looked weird, and I felt sick. It turns out I was about to pass out. I have no idea why, or why it came on, but it was very sudden and I def. felt like I was about to fall out right there in the Loop.
Jules put me in her car and put the air on me so I could cool down. I sat there for a while and we drove around for a few mins, and my arms started to feel heavy and just weird. They decided it would be best to take me to the ER, to make sure everything was Ok and nothing was wrong with my blood pressure, or anything else.
My doctor on call was not helpful AT ALL. Very indecisive and just all around annoying.
So we checked in at 8:30, Billy came up there, and we got home around 1:00am this morning.
The end of the story is that everything is fine, nothing is wrong, all of my blood work and vitals were normal and good, and they attributed the episode to just being part of pregnancy.
It was slightly scary. I wasn't terrified or anything, just confused about what caused it and why it came on so sudden. But now I know it's to be expected and I guess I'll just have to be aware of it in the future.
I stayed home from work today to rest and take it easy. I feel fine overall, but I've been taking it easy on the couch, so tomorrow should be fine. We have a doctor's appt tomorrow too, and I'm so excited for it, to see the babies and see how they're doing!

No comments: