Sunday, August 23, 2009

It's not only for little kids...

Falling out of the bed I mean. Yes folks, I fell out of the bed, somehow, on Saturday night! I dont' even know for sure what happened, all I know is that William was in the P&P in our room, and Emily was in her room in the crib...I heard her start crying, I got up to try to get her and them BOOM! Next thing I know I'm on the floor, in pain, and William is now screaming. I am laying there, trying to figure out what just happened, and how I'm going to get up, while listening to the babies just scream. I get up, get William and my mom pops her head in to see what is going on, and then she takes care of Emily. After that, i sat with ice on my elbow and foot for about 3o mins. It really hurt and I thought I might have broken my foot, but I didn't. It is a lot better today, still sore, but it's def. not broke. So that was good news. Billy was at a Jaguar game, so he missed all of this fun, but thank goodness my Mama and Nana were still here!

Yes, my mom and grandma came down on Tuesday night to watch the babies Wed-Friday while Kristy was off. They did great with the babies, and I think everyone had a good time. I am already sad that they are gone and I can't wait for them to come back, or for us to go there and visit with them. Although, it's always easier for them to come here! ;-)

Our bedtime ritual is getting a tad more challenging. The babies don't lay down as they used to...we went thru a good phase where they would eat and lay right down. They didnt' sleep all night, but at least they slept easily, for a while...but now...not so much. I don't know what's up with them, but it can be verrry challenging some nights. I don't know what other twin moms do, with the babies sharing a room we struggle to figure out how to let them fuss without bothering the other. It's definitely a balancing act and while we don't want to spoil and we wany them to learn to self-soothe, I hate interrupting a good nights sleep for the other one. Hopefully this is only a phase. AND, since neither have a tooth yet, I'm hoping it's all due to teething!!!

Not much else is going on around here. Happy Sunday!

She wasn't overly happy to try this hat on

Getting a bow to stay in our little bee's head for the first time

He's doing better and better sitting up!

William's new wild and crazy 'do

UGH - My mom and GM had to clean this up while they kept the babies, ick!!!

UPDATE: Emily is now sleeping in Mama and Daddy's bed, booooo on that! We will try to transfer her before we go to sleep, but if not, Mama will be sleeping on the couch. We MUST find a new ritual soon!

No comments: