Wow, what a sad movie! I knew it would be, I was prepared. I watched it alone, all in one sitting and Billy kept the babies occupied so I could finish it. When it was over, I came inside, hugged them and cried into their little heads. They had no idea what was going on, but I didn’t care, I just hugged them hard and I just could not stop the tears from falling. I’m sure that I have babies of my own now that it hit me even harder – how lucky and blessed we are that our babies are healthy. You just never know what life has in store for you and we should treasure every healthy moment with our loved ones that we have. ( Yes, I know it was only a movie, but stories like this happen everyday, it could be one of us one day).
Anyway, other than the little cry fest I had, we had a great weekend. Friday we went out to eat with Aunt Christie and Uncle Chris, and I became one step closer to Supermom – I brought the babies in the restaurant by myself! I took Emily out first and then she stood in between the car and my legs while I got William out. I already had the diaper bag slung over my shoulder, so I got William, scooped Emily up and off we went!!!! Everyone stared at me as I came in and I calmly sat on the bench, waiting our turn to sit down. I placed both babies on my knees, while I was being choked by the diaper bag, and in order to take the bag off of my neck, I had to place William on the floor. Well he walked behind the hostess station, so then I had to put Emily down to get him, and she promptly fell and hit her head on the tile floor ( not hard, she was fine), but of course, everyone was already staring. After that, they came back up in my lap, and about 10 mins later we were off to our seats, where I got both babies buckled into their high chairs, all before C&C got there. I felt extremely accomplished!
Saturday we went to Little Andre’s BD party. The babies played outside in the grass and dirt, and I got to hold a 4-month old baby girl, soooo sweet!
William just loves to eat grass, dirt and leaves. Emily messes with it, but she doesn’t eat it like he does, lol. It’s funny right now, even though one day I’m sure it won’t be.
After the party, we took a short trip to the park. Emily loved the swing…
William did not….
We swung and then went down the slide a few times, saw a muppet-like dog and since it was rather chilly, we headed home. C&C came over that night and we had dinner. Emily peed on the floor before her bath, lol…soooo funny!
Today, Billy and I saw Avatar. It was Billy’s 3rd time seeing it ( don’t even ask) and he had been bugging me to see it too, so I finally did today. I was actually pleasantly surprised and have been talking about the movie a lot since we’ve been home. So I am definitely glad we went to see it.
1 comment:
They look so adorable in those outfits. I have no idea how you do it now that they are walking, I can barely get T in while he bucks back and forth sometimes, you are supermom!
Post a Comment