Sunday, January 10, 2010

Veggie Rebellion

We are in the midst of one at our house, but only by William. He HATES vegetables right now, and it seems like it just happened out of the blue! He will eat baby food green beans (even though we are moving off of baby food almost completely) and this weekend he decided he DID like cut up carrots, with cinnamon. So that is what he ate! He loves bread. And string cheese. And puffs. And he pretty much likes any kind of fruit. He is doing great with his milk and his juice, just anything in his cup. We’ve been a week without bottles. He just won’t eat veggies right now and really, he isn’t crazy about anything you have to feed him. He’ll eat a spoonful and then promptly open his mouth and let it roll off of his tongue, on his bib, where he then picks it up, looks at it and then smashes it in the tray or sometimes he will actually swallow it. Oh well, I know kiddos go thru phases, so I’m not worrying about it too much.

Emily is a fine eater. I really don’t have any problems with her at all, she’s not picky and normally eats all of her food, each time. She is not doing quite as good as William with her cup, but she has improved a lot and is close to getting her milk allotment for the day. We’re not quite there yet, but we’re trying.

DSC_0345 DSC_0344 DSC_0362 DSC_0365

They are both getting to the stage where they realize if you are doing something with the other one and they don’t like it too much! If they see you reading with the other, or going somewhere with the other one, they normally get upset, or want to join in too. They are also starting to play more and more together. If no one is around, they will play together well. They entertain themselves. But once they see you – all bets are off, they just want you to hang out with them! Lol, I don’t blame them, I’d want that too!

DSC_0402

DSC_0323 DSC_0304

Emily stayed in her PJ’s all day today! Oops! William did get dressed, but not until about 1:00. He went to the store with Daddy today all by himself. This is the first time in one year, and 2 weeks that Billy has taken any baby anywhere by himself. He’s never driven in the car with them by himself! His parents came by today for a few mins and his mom was giving him a hard time, so off they went, Billy and William, to Publix! What a big boy – Billy I mean, lol….It’s the first time that I can think of that I’ve only had one baby at home with me. It was nice. Me and Emily folded clothes, changed their sheets and put clothes up in their room. We also changed the sheets on Mama and Daddy’s bed too!

Anyway, the weekend is over now, and a new week has begun! Happy Sunday!

DSC_0290 DSC_0293

We have giant hands!!!!!

No comments: