Every place wants to give you a bun! For someone with Celiac, that’s not an option. I really shouldn’t be giving my children fast food hamburgers anyway, I realize that.And I really shouldn’t be giving my Celiac child a fast food hamburger for cross contamination issues. But from time to time, I do anyway. Tonight was one of those nights. I had to get my oil changed, so once I got home, I changed clothes and we headed out to the Honda place to do the oil change and eat while we were there…which involved fast food.
We started at McDonald’s. The drive thru was closed for maintenance. Okkkk……
Then we move on to Krystal. I order my and William’s food and then I request a couple of burgers with no bun. Silence. Then, what Mam? I need 3 cheeseburgers, with no bun. We can’t do that mam, our burgers come on buns. Huh?!!??! You mean to tell me that you don’t cook your burgers on a grill of some kind and then put them on the bun? No mam, we would just have to peel the bun off. I can make the burger plain though. *sigh* No, that’s fine, I’ll just take what I’ve already ordered.
Move on to Dairy Queen…which they can give me a bunless hamburger, but I had to repeat my order 5 times. 5 times…what do not understand?!?! I don’t want a BUN! Anyway, we finally got our greasy, unhealthy food and headed to Honda.
Since our baby-sitter and her hubby are sick, we are keeping the babies at home this week. Billy had them today and has them tomorrow. I may have mentioned the stray cat that Billy likes to feed and pet and occasionally sneak in the house, even though he is very very allergic to all pets. Today him and the babies were outside on the porch and they were petting the kitty and she turned around sunk her teeth into Emily’s arm!
I couldn’t get my camera to cooperate to take these pics, but they are as good as I could get. Needless to say, Billy will NOT be speaking to, or feeding, that cat anymore that she bit his precious angel. Hopefully the bite will be fine and there won’t be any nastiness or infection, we’re going to watch it carefully. That has been out Tuesday! So far, toddler bed night 4 is going so-so…25 mins, still awake and getting out of bed…hopefully they will settle down soon! Happy Tuesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment