Sunday, April 10, 2011

A potty weekend

Man oh man…our life has been consumed with the potty. I don’t know if it’s just our children, or the fact that we have 2 that we are doing at the same time…but everything we think/talk/act/dream about is about the potty….who needs to go, who just went, who needs to wash hands, who needs to pull up their underwear…it really is a constant thing. Nevertheless, they are doing well. We still haven’t mastered the #2 thing yet, but I’m hoping that will come soon. I have to say, William is still doing better than Emily, which we were very surprised at. I love my baby boy, but Emily has always been the one to catch on to things quicker, counting, reading letters, saying her ABC’s, singing songs….he’s more agile…so I just assumed she’d pick pottying up quicker. Just another reason I try not to assume too much!

Saturday we went to the juvenille diabetes walk. We walked with Billy and Christie’s work, and they had a big team from LPS. The babies did great. We took our new portable potty, took one break on the walk, behind a building, and that was it! We went many other times while waiting, before and after, but all in all, no accidents! Billy’s mom was horrified that I refused to stand in a HUGE line for the girl’s bathroom, and took Emily behind a tree and let her sit on the potty there. William also had his first pee on a tree experience AND pee on a building experience. Yes, some might shudder…but the way I feel, ya gotta do what ya gotta do when they are first learning. I’m just fine with that!

Other than the walk, we didn’t leave the house. Lol, we played outside a lot and just piddled around the house. Taking them out is still slightly intimidating to me, so I’m kind of avoiding too much of it! Oh well, we are having a fine time hanging out at home!

DSC_0730DSC_0731DSC_0741DSC_0748DSC_0756DSC_0768DSC_0772DSC_0773DSC_0787DSC_0791DSC_0794

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good job with the potty training.....stay flexible! You posts and potty places sound so familiar to me. Love it. This too shall pass....