Short blog post about Day One of potty training. Actually, I’m not praying for help with that…I’m praying for help with William’s new fits he is throwing. They are just terrible, and I don’t know what to do about them. It would help if I could figure out exactly what triggers them, besides brushing his teeth, but right now, I haven’t figured it out. I know he gets that way when he is tired, which he was VERY tired tonight. Maybe that’s it…I really don’t know. What I do know is that it’s very trying and it’s very frustrating when I can’t do anything to console him….I fluctuate between being irrirated/angry to feel guilty and sad that his Mama can’t make him feel better. I’m hoping this little phase will pass quickly.
We DID have day one of potty training today. Ya’ll know I’m a Mama who works outside the home, and I have a wonderful baby-sitter, Kristy. Kristy and I have talked about PT for a while now and I have discussed the method I want to try, which is my friend Steph’s method. I know nothing about any of this, so I figure – why not, it’s worked for her 3 times now! So we’re going cold turkey, took off diapers today and hoped for the best. Kristy came to my house today, and will be coming tomorrow, then I’ll have them over the weekend, all day, to practice pottying. Unfortunately, Kristy got a bad migraine today, so she had to leave early, and I came home from work early and took over the PT duty.
I’m proud to say, and super surprised, that William did GREAT!!! He seemed to catch on very quickly, he loves sitting on the potty and went constantly. I know he had a few accidents this morning, but none once I got home. He never pooped…but hopefully that will come tomorrow. Emily on the other hand…not so great. She has been the one showing so much interest, and she’s been pee peeing for a while now, just randomly, but she always tells you if she has to go, we try, and she normally goes. Unfortunately, right now it seems as though she’s decided that’s not so much fun anymore and she doesn’t want to do it. She peed everywhere, pooped twice, and we are a carpeted house, except in the kitchen. I know everything can be cleaned, and I’m not overly concerned about the carpet, but still, she peed RIGHT by the potty chair.
Tomorrow is a new day though and hopefully Kristy will be better, and will be the main trainer tomorrow. Lol, I admire you stay at home moms…I tell ya – I’m not sure I could do it….more power to you! On that note, I’m going to sit on the couch and do nothing else. Happy Thursday!
1 comment:
How are things going now?
Post a Comment