Sunday, March 20, 2011

It’s a GOOSE!!!

Well, my mom and Nana left today, they came on Thursday and left this morning. We had a nice visit and they baby-sat for us, so that was also nice! Thursday after work I got my eyebrows waxed and a pedicure…if only every Thursday could be like that….Friday we shopped a little after work, and ate dinner at Chili’s. Then on Saturday, we went shopping at the mall until about 2 and then headed home so I could get ready for the wedding!!!

My best friend, Janet’s dad got married on Saturday. Their family lost their mom and wife almost 3 years ago, which was very tough and very unexpected. Since then, Bill has been thru some ups and downs, as has their family, but he found and fell in love with a woman named Sharon, who he married on Saturday. The wedding was very nice, and everything seemed to go perfect. Me and Billy had a fabulous time. I bought a new dress AND new shoes, which I NEVER do, and I felt nice…like we went out on a real date again! Billy was not overly excited about attending the wedding, but even he admitted that he ended up having a good time!

billandsharonDSC_0086-1DSC_0120DSC_0127-1DSC_0221DSC_0230DSC_0256first day

I went to bed late last night, woke up slightly tired, but in a good mood today! My mom and Nana left early, and then we headed to the park.

DSC_0326DSC_0348DSC_0353

After we left the playground, we walked around the little pond to feed the ducks…

DSC_0408DSC_0410

Me, William and Emily sat down on the grass to just watch the ducks for a minute, and then Billy says, Look William, look at those geese flying….

DSC_0418

It gets closer…

DSC_0419

And William FREAKS OUT!!!

DSC_0421

If I had my video camera, we’d be $10,000 richer, because we would have won AFV…it was sooo funny. Poor little guy started with a little whimper, then a cry, then a scream of pure terror at that big goose flying straight for him. Thank goodness for Daddy who scooped him up to comfort him…I was too busy laughing and trying to take these pictures. Yes, some might say I’m a mean and cruel Mama, but I just couldn’t help it. I’m still giggling about it now, 10 hours later….

Anyway, all in all we’ve had a really good weekend, and I hope the upcoming week will be the same! Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

Mike and Cicely said...

A lot of times, I feel the same way too- I keep snapping pictures in an effort to capture the moment when I wonder if I should be doing something more 'motherly' like comforting my child! LOL :) That picture is priceless and y'all will love that the moment was captured years from now! :)