Monday, March 28, 2011

A peachy weekend

We went to Gordonia-Altamaha state park this weekend with Billy’s family and had a great time. We rented 2 cabins and they were super nice. We spent a lot of time outside and just hung out, very nice indeed!

DSC_0462DSC_0475DSC_0486DSC_0489DSC_0504DSC_0531DSC_0563DSC_0573

The babies got to roast marshmellows for the first time and William had a ball, he thought it was great to mush them around in his fingers and smear them on his face! You can see a little snippit of the weekend, playing with balls, attempting to take some cute pictures of these 2 year olds, William driving the car about 20 feet down the road, and stopping at McDonald’s on the way home to “play.” The weekend was great!

A few random tidbits to mention":

1) On the way home today, Emily kept saying something and I was almost 100% sure she was saying “roast beef.” I kept asking her what in the world she was saying, so I called the baby sitter to ask if they learned a song about Roast Beef…lol, she said Noooo, they had not been singing about Roast Beef. It was at that moment I looked at Emily in the backseat, and realized she was playing with her toes and she was saying “ This little piggy” and of course that DOES have roast beef in it. Mystery solved!

2) I told Emily to be still tonight so I could take a picture of her cute skirt. She informed me that “ I’m playing right now.” Hmph…

3) As you can see from the above picture, William has started picking his nose. Yuckkkk! Lol..he’s such a boy, in all of the ways!

4) We are starting to potty train on Thursday. My friend Stephanie ( I don’t know how to link to another blog), uses a certain method and I’m going to try it. It makes sense, it’s worked for 3 of her kids and I know it’ll work for her 4th, so I thought I may as well give it a try. Thursday is the day, so I’ll let ya know how it goes! Wish us well!

That’s about it for now. I have neglecting my chores so I need to do some work around here. Happy Monday!

Update: It's been about 40 minutes since I put the twins to bed and it was a little harder than usual, I guess with being OOT and all. Anyway, I'm at my computer ( letting the floor dry because YES - I did get up and do a chore), and I hear a noise..one of those kind of eerie ones where you're almost afraid to turn around...and there was Emily, sitting in the corner playing with her Little People doll house. Lol..ya gotta love 2 year olds!

2 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

The pictures are breathtakingly beautiful. And Boss picks his nose too. Boys!!!

Stacia said...

Good luck on the potty training!!! I can't imagine doing two at the same time but you do everything times two!! Great pictures :)