I love this sheet! I love William! I love Thomas! I love these blankies. I love juice. I love penis. SAY WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!
Yes folks, you read that right. Emily informed me tonight that she loved penis. See, around here, I’m calling our body parts by their anatomical name. I toyed with the idea of calling them something else, couldn’t settle on anything, so I just call them what they are…penis and vagina. Penis is the more favorite word around here and we discuss it nearly every day. Both of them have had fevers today ( have no idea why), so I came home early and while getting ready for bed tonight, I was taking William’s temperature again. Emily is standing next to us, and says “ Boy. Penis.” Yes, baby, boys have a penis. And then the next words were “ I love penis.” She said it several more times, while I gasped, snickered and frantically thought of something to do/say. To be honest, I’m not sure WHAT I actually said…other than to say again, boys have a penis, it’s part of their body…and probably just mumbled some other nonsense. She is so funny.
So as you can tell, that’s her newest thing, she says she LOVES everything. She also told me tonight that “ I am pretty.” Talking about herself, not me, lol. She told me that she likes her “bruda.” It’s just so funny to hear her actually talking now and putting words together. She’s just really started doing it here in the last few weeks. William copies what she says, but she still says more sentences than him.
He is still our time-out child, lol. He goes to time-out all the time, and he knows exactly why he goes each time. I ask, he tells me. He normally also pulls on his ears, and says “ears” as in “ I know I wasn’t using my ears to listen.” They pick things up quickly…now if they would just do what they should!!!!
Who wanted to see Mama’s head anyway?!
Let’s read together now….ummmm…not sure THAT happened!!!
Happy Wednesday everyone! Here’s hoping we’ll have a fever free night and day tomorrow!
1 comment:
Oh my gosh, Beth, this post had me laughing out loud! :) Don't you just love that you can carry on real conversations with them now? I'm loving this phase!
Post a Comment