Today is Emily and William's 1st Easter! It's been great so far. We colored Easter eggs last night, and that was a lot of fun, more so than I thought it would be. Today we have been to church and we are waiting to go over to B's parent's house for lunch and socializing. After church we did our Easter baskets and took lots of pictures. The babies did not seem overly impressed with their baskets, though they did seem to like the sunglasses. Pictures of course will follow soon, once today is over and they are off of the camera!
Friday I had to take William to the doctor for a rash on his face. I had both children with me, and right when we walked in the office door, Emily let loose. She started screaming and screaming and would NOT stop! I took her out of the stroller and was trying to hold her and push the double stroller, AKA the BUS, at the same time, which was not too easy. She'd calm down, and then start again, lol...there was absolutely nothing I could do, so I just laughed. Everyone in the whole place was looking at us, and just so you know, this is NOT a pediatrician's office. It's a primary care office that has a pediatrician...but everyone waiting was an adult, so there were no other sympathetic moms around. One lady moved. Lol, she gathered her stuff up and moved to the other side of the room. I dont' think it helped though, becausae Billy happened to have a regular check up appt at the same place ( his doctor is in the same building), and he could hear Emily all the way in his room. Anyway, they called William's name to go back and I was attempting to back up the stroller and turn it around, when a stranger came and asked if I needed help. I accepted. A sweet lady pushed William into the doctor's office and then explained that she had 13-year old twins and she remembered what it was like having 2. Awesome. I thanked her profusely and we proceeded with our appt.
Just FYI - William has very dry skin and has terrible cradle cap right now. We have to put hydrocortizone on his face 2 times per day and we have strict insturctions to moisturize really well, but nothing with fragrance, white, no perfume, no dyes. Hopefully it will clear up soon.
I think that's about it for now. I have completed 3 full weeks at work, and that is going good. My sitter, Kristy, is awesome, and I feel so lucky and blessed to have her watching my kiddos. She's just doing a great job with them, and I feel 100% comfy with everything. Not too much else going on! Happy Easter! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment