1. We went to St. Augustine on my annual family vacation from 5/27 - 5/31. Me and the babies went, it's only an hour away, and stayed in the trailer with my family. It was fun, very different from my regular vacations, but it was nice. The babies went to the beach for the first time, and even though they didn't get in the water, or really outside of their hut at all, I think they enjoyed it. Both napped, at different times of course, and hopefully once they get a little bigger, and they are able to be outside a bit more, we'll go back. I was terrified of them getting sunburned, so they were covered at all times. Well, most times.
2. William rolled over while we were there. It was definitely a fluke roll though, I wasn't even sure what had happened! I layed him down on his tummy and within like 10 seconds, he was on his back! I had to ask myself, Did I really lay him on his tummy? But I did, he just rolled right over. He hasn't done it since though.
3. Emily is talking more and more. Her little sounds are new and wonderful and very funny to hear. Billy was quite surprised when he came down to SA on Saturday night and heard her making all of these new noises.
4. And speaking of Billy and Emily - she pooped on his pants at dinner on Saturday night! Lol - it was GREAT! I know, that's mean to say, but it was really funny. He was feeding her and he thought she'd gone to the bathroom, and I told him, you better check her ( she has a habit of leaking). So he did and sure enough, poop was coming out the top of the dipaer, and then when he picked her up, there was poop all over one leg of his shorts. Hehe, I took her to change her, but there was no changing table in the bathroom, so out we went to the car, where she was changed in the trunk. She thought this was very funny.
5. We have been going on more outings. We went out to eat every night we were in SA, and then we also went to Outback last night, with Aunt Christie and her friends. I am trying to be less stressed about outings, and it's working. It's getting a tad easier each time. I will try to do more and more as the weeks go by.
6. Both babies are definitely teething. They have fists/fingers in their mouths at all times, and they are drooling machines! William is starting to like to have cold stuff on his gums and both have had runny noses. I'm waiting for a tooth to pop thru at any time.
I guess that's it for now, just a quick post to update on the vacation. I'm sure there are stories I'm leaving out, I'll post as I think of them. Happy Tuesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment