Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Oh no you don't!!!!

Sunday I took the babies outside with us, Billy was doing yard work and I was weeding my bush bed. I went over to the pack and play to check on the twins, and I saw a flying insect. Let me just say - I hate bees. I have been stung by many bees and I dont' like them...yes I saw Bee Movie and that did lighten my heart a little...but still, they are not my favorite thing. I cannot be still around a bee, I'm the person that flails around and yells. So as I see this flying insect coming close to my babies, I think it's a bee, and I immediately say out loud " oh no you don't!" I swat at the bee and try to cover the pack and play with my body so the bee cannot get to them. It didnt' even cross my mind that the bee might sting ME, I just wanted to protect those babies...
As it turns out, it wasn't a bee, just a huge fly. BUT - it dawned on me, I did a Mama thing, I tried to protect my babies. Without thinking of myself, as I normally would, I thought of them first, and I would have gladly been stung 100 times if it had prevented them from being stung. Afterwards, I thought...I tried to protect them. Cool. Go me! :-)

We have been trying to go on more walks in the evening, Emily and William both like being outside. They can be fussy and when they go out, I don't hear a peep out of them. Plus, I think it's good to get out in the fresh air a little bit.

We are now eating sweet potatoes and that is going well. I think I'm going to try peas next!

Tomorrow, the babies are visiting my work for the first time, so they can meet my co-workers and possibly some volunteers. Hopefully, everyone will be in a social, pleasant mood and it will go well!
Happy Tuesday night!
Emily eating her first few bites of sweet potatoes
William learning how to do laundry early

Emily and William with their friend Noah

They sit in their highchairs now!

No comments: