Sunday, August 9, 2009

One night getaway

My wonderful husband planned a night away for us on Saturday night, for my birthday. We left yesterday at 9:45am and got home today about 11:45 or so, so we were away from the babies for almost exactly 26 hours. Billy has been away from them before, but of course I have not, and while I was slightly nervous about it, I knew they were in great hands, and everything would be fine, which of course it was.
So anyway, we went to Daytona Beach and stayed in the Hilton right on the beach. It was really nice and in a great location. I actually wished we had a few days to explore and do all of the fun stuff that we were in the middle of, but we'll just have to do that next time. We got some beach time, which was nice, even though we are both burnt. Then we came in, cleaned up a little, had a little snack and walked around to explore. We rode cable cars out over the pier and back. Thought about doing the human sling shot thing, but then decided to save our money for other things. We ate ice cream. We watched TV and ordered room service. Slept WITHOUT a monitor on! :-) It was just nice being away. We missed the babies a lot, talked about them a lot, thought about them alot...but Mama and Daddy need their time too, and I'm a firm believer that husbands and wives MUST find time for themselves. So far, I'm learning that is easier said than done sometimes, lol, but we do our best.
So far, 30 is treating me well. I had a pizza party on my actual BD, and got to visit with family and my best friend and her hubby. We had our trip, then today, I had a little surprise BD gathering at B's parents house. Billy and Christie had been planning it, and while we got home a little earlier than planned, it worked out well, and I thought it was really nice of everyone to come over and celebrate my BD.
So now we are home, babies are napping, and we are cleaning up our stuff, gearing up for the work week. Happy Sunday!

Our hotel, from the cable car
Me on our "balcony" about 6 inches wide!


Me and Billy, on the cable car


Enjoying some Baskin Robbins


On the beach, waiting for check-in

1 comment:

Amber said...

You deserved it! Happy 30th.