It’s official, it’s Christmastime!!! Yay! We love Christmas at our house. I’m so lucky to have a husband that loves the holidays, he actually likes to buy decorations more than I do. He loves to put lights up and put the tree up and just get in the Christmas spirit. I get informed every year that “that is our tradition.” Lol, apparently we have traditions I didn’t know about!
Anyway, we got our tree today and the babies don’t know what to think of this new addition to the house.
I have ornaments that must go on the tree every year, so I separate those out first. I have my Big Bird and Ernie, from 1982…those are my special ones. I have ones of my Granddaddy's from when he was a little boy, I’m sure that my great-grandmother made them, Styrofoam balls with sparklies glued to them. I have tons of frog ornaments, some personalized. Billy insists that we buy a Hallmark ornament each year with the year on it ( we haven’t gotten ours this year yet). He has Star Wars ornaments. He likes garland, I don’t care for it much. We both love colored lights. He likes icicles (sp?), and I don’t care for them either. But we compromise, and over the years it’s been fun to see what our tree has blended in to…a true mixture of both of us!
The babies have ornaments with their names on them, courtesy of their Nana, so they each put them on the tree.
And just because he is so sweet, look what Billy brought me – my very own Christmas owl, I looooove him!!!!
It is a happy Saturday in my house!
1 comment:
I'm just LOVING all of these pictures. Emily's hat is waaaayyyyy adorable!
Post a Comment