Saturday, December 12, 2009

Only at our house..

It started out as a regular Friday night. Billy was at work, I was home with Emily and William, doing our normal routine. Billy came home, we chatted a bit and he then he started playing video games ( stupid, yes I know). I started wrapping Christmas presents and piddled around until 11pm, when I went to bed. Billy was still awake, playing games.

About 12:15, I awoke to something bothering my feet/leg area. I thought it was Billy, trying to be funny and play a joke on me. I had been in bed for over an hours, so I was fully asleep, so I sleepily awoke to see what was bothering me. I slowly sat up and focused, and with the help of the nightlight in the hall bathroom, I saw a cat on my bed. Please note: WE DON’T OWN A CAT.

Yes, folks, there was a real live cat on my bed. I shot right up, screamed out/yelled a little and called for Billy. No one came. I yelled his name again. No one came. Emily did start crying however, but at that moment, I just had to know why in the world there was a RANDOM CAT in my house.

When I sat up and yelled, the cat jumped off the bed and ran into another bedroom. I got out of bed and walked down the hall expecting to see Billy asleep on the couch. Nope. I moved on to the computer room. No Billy. I then noticed our laundry room door open, which just HAPPENS to lead outside. I go out the door, and there is Billy, in our driveway with his friend Alex, who had come over to show him some new gadget he bought ( Alex is a nightowl, strange I know). So I go outside and tell Billy, in a not so calm fashion, that we have a cat in the house. He looks at me strangely. Yes, husband, I said it, we have a cat in the house.

So in we go, to find the cat. And there it is, a black and white cat, who is on the young side, in our house, in one of the bedrooms. Billy gets it and places it outside, only after giving it some cheese and milk and begging to keep it inside. I declined that offer.

Seriously, how many people do you know that accidentally let random cats in their house?!!?!?  I will say that everytime I have told the store, twice so far, I have cracked up and I have laughed several times while typing this, so it will definitely make for a funny story. Lol, only in our house….

DSC_0310 DSC_0314

DSC_0318

1 comment:

Julie, the mama said...

HILARIOUS. And definitely worth a blog. The kids will get a huge kick out of this story one day!