I got the bad news today, my Galant has been totaled. I got in a car wreck on Tuesday and I have been waiting to hear from the insurance guy about the estimate for damage. The damage repair outweighs the car’s worth, so they are totaling it and my good friend will be sent to a salvage yard. I feel very sad about this for many reasons. I guess the most notable reason is because we are NOT in a place AT ALL to buy a new car of any kind. So that is stressful.
This was also MY car. I had my very first car, a Celica, when I turned 16, it was 10 years old. I wrecked it 10 days after I got my license. Yeah….
Then came my Cavalier, brand new, 1996, courtesy of my grandparents. I drove it until I got a Mitsubishi…ummm…Montero Sport, for about one month, THEN traded that in when I moved to Jax. I won’t go into the details of WHY I moved to Jax, but getting the Galant was something I did on my own, no help and it was a decision I made on my own in order to move forward with my life here. Anyway, I’ve had it for 6 1/2 years and I like it. Yes, it occasionally gets on my nerves, but overall, I have been very pleased with it.
So, tomorrow I am going to get the tag and get my sunglasses which I forgot, and say good bye to my friend. *sniffle*
Since I’m having a semi-pityparty tonight, I will say that the babies have been having an awful time going to bed lately and it’s very tiresome at times. Both babies screeeam when they go to bed, and many times I move William out in a pack and play and that’s where he sleeps. I know it’s Ok to let them fuss, I’m fine with that, but screaming down to the depths of your throat, that’s hard to listen to. Anyway, I am just feeling like complaining a little tonight, and it’s my blog, so there!!! ;-)
I guess I’ll end for tonight. Happy Thursday and safe driving!
No comments:
Post a Comment