Saturday, February 12, 2011

My Blog

I got called out on my blog by another blogging Mama.

“ Maybe this will inspire you to update your blog more.”

BAM! There it is!

So true, lol….

So, in light of that, I’m doing an update. It’s not a catch up blog, just a regular ole’ blog about our regular ole’ day, and maybe a few days before.

Wee Trade is a big consignment sale they have here a couple times/year. It is right by my baby-sitters house, and I just missed it last time. She went and said they had tons of smocked dresses that she thought would be so cute on Emily. Now, I love smocked dresses, I really do. BUT – I’m also very cheap and can’t imagine spending that much money on a full priced, brand new smocked dress. Unless we hit the big lottery, that will never be happening. I’m also not one to Goodwill shop. I want to, I really do. We have a brand new store not too far from our house. But it’s so much easier to go to Target, or Wal-mart, or Kohl’s, and get what we need ( as if we REALLY need clothes). So that being said, the only smocked dresses we have are ones that Aunt Christie got for us, we have 2. And we love them. We also have another fancy dress, I don’t think it’s technically smocked, but it’s one of those fancy ones that smock wearing girls wear.

ANYWAY – I hit the sale the first day it was open to the public, we were there at 9AM. I followed my instructions to the T, and ended up with about 50 things on my stroller, and whittled them down to about 8 or 9 things, smocked dresses included!!!

DSC_0323 DSC_0325

DSC_0327

DSC_0326

This is my loot.

I went back today for the 1/2 price day, but a lot of the stuff I really wanted wasn’t marked down. I didn’t buy anything that wasn’t 1/2 off, except for one shirt for William. That was Billy’s first question, what did you get for William? Ummm…nothing? Lol…so today I got him a Chaps shirt and a Polo shirt, just so he wouldn’t feel left out.

This is Billy’s BD weekend, he is a Valentine baby. We did absolutely nothing today, which can be nice, but can also lead to driving me crazy. It was beautiful but cool, and it was just one of those days where we couldn’t get motivated to get moving, and by the time we did, it was time for naps, etc. We did end up at Zaxby’s and Target, just to get out of the house.

William has become very interested in the mole on my face, calling it a boo-boo. Then he alternates between boo-boo and mole.

Emily has started adding the third syllable in her name. She used to say “Emmie” and now she’s is saying “Emily” the right way. It’s so funny. Just one day she decided to add the extra syllable and now she tries to correct William when he says “ Emmie.”

Ok, here is my update! Winking smile More tomorrow…maybe!

Happy Saturday!

2 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

Yay for an update! Your haul would make any mama excited. GREAT JOB!

Mike and Cicely said...

LOVE those dresses! Please let me know if you come across those kinds of deals/sales events! I love those smocked dresses, too, but can't ever find them for decent enough prices.

There's a big consignment sale this weekend called Finders Keepers. Let me know if you're interested in going.