Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The real start

I have been thinking of starting a blog for a while now, and have been putting it off. I decided today that I wanted to start documenting this process, maybe not in a public way yet, but in my own way. So I would have something to look back on and remember these confusing and scary days and hopefully smile about them with a sweet baby in my arms.

Tonight I went back and copy and pasted e-mails into the blog, just as a start. So I can see how it all started and just the updates that I sent to everyone.

Tonight is night 3 of taking 3 shots at one time. I started my first injection on 4/26/08, and it has not been so bad, now that I know what to do. I started the other 2 on Monday night and they are slightly worse. The needles are bigger, and you have to get them ready, and it takes a little time. Overall though, it's not so bad. The first night, we were both slightly overwhelmed and just read the directions and got thru it the best way we could. Last night was better, so I hope tonight will be a breeze. I go back on Friday morning for another ultrasound and hopefully we will still be on schedule for everything next week.

Next Thursday, the 15th, I could have my eggs retrieved and attempt to be fertilized. It's exciting, but kind of scary at the same time. Also slightly weird to know that they are doing all of this in a petri dish. BUT, I'm very thankful that they are ABLE to do it, and we have this chance of having a baby of our own.

Anyway, this is my first official blog entry and this won't be public for a while, but when it is, I hope it will be interesting, and maybe helpful to someone, to look back and read about our journey to having a family.

No comments: