Thursday, February 19, 2009

Defeat!

Yes folks, I caved in today and called my husband to come home from work. Both babies have been extremely fussy today and pretty much screaming the entire day...so at one particularly loud time, I called Billy and asked if he could come home. I told him I didn't know how to care for our children and I wasn't sure what else to try.

I felt bad about it at first, for bothering him at work and asking him to come home. but I don't feel so bad now. I'm sure that at one point or another, everyone has had to ask for help and that is OK...it's OK to ask for help. Yes Beth, it is Ok....not always easy to do. But I am becoming more and more comfy with it.

On the advice of my best friend, I took both babies and we "de-stressed." We laid down on our bed and I just talked to them, got real close to their faces, loved them, we talked about calming down and being peaceful, and taking naps and how important that was. And how we all 4 needed to stick together and take care of each other, and Mama didn't know it all, but she was trying her best to take care of them.

And it worked, they both fell asleep after about an hour or so.

As I am typing this though, guess who woke up!? William!!!!
Lol, Daddy has him now though.

The fun of being a new mom is just endless! I love my babies, even when they are screaming bloody murder and I want to bury my head in the sand..lol! Happy Thursday to me!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Job caving! Daddy can help too and you are right about needing to ask for help, it works! I'll see you in a bit and you can nap if you want :) Kristy

Amber said...

It might be hard with 2, but the skin - to - skin contact worked with us when he was little. I'd strip the shirt and snuggle under a blanket - some days it is all that would work. You are doing great!

My Bottle's Up! said...

in the first 6 months of our time with jackson, back during the hospitalization days and doctors visits up the wahzoo, i called paul home so much that one night he told me he is at work so little that it borders on negligence. :)