Babies make so much noise!!!
Emily dreams, or I like to think she does, because she makes the most noise while she sleeps. She cries out, she whines, she whimpers...but it's not in a bad way, it's in a hilarious way. Billy says that she makes a noise the same way I do when I sleep...when I have a bad dream I make this really weird noise, and hers is just a smaller, quieter version.
William grunts and moans alot. He sounds like a little pig a lot of the time. Since we have started using the monitors more and I'm trying to sleep in the bed more, it's funny to lay down and then hear one of the little sounds on the monitor. We just lay there and laugh sometimes. It makes it harder to go to sleep, hearing it thur the monitor for some reason.
Emily looks at you from the corner of her eye. She'll be looking all around, and then she'll stop and look over at you, but she moves her eyes to the side. It's so funny. She also will be almost asleep, or so you think, and then her eyes will open up real wide, like she just heard the most surprising thing.
This might be TMI, but while in the NICU, the lactation consultant instructed me to use a nipple shield to breastfeed them. Since we really had no directions when we left, I have continued to use it, but I know I have to break it. They will not latch on to me directly, and I have to get rid of the shield becuase it drives me insane. When we "practice" without the shield you'd think I was trying to feed them rotten eggs. I wish I could get a picture of their faces, it's so funny. They wrinkle up their noses and squint their eyes, and seriously, it's like the worst thing in the world. It's frustrating, but more funny than anything else, and we just keep practicing.
Saturday night we had the longest night with them that we've had. I had to enlist Daddy's help, and we both were up most of the time, with mini naps when the children woudl allow it. I don't know what was up, but neither wanted to sleep, or could sleep, so that meant we didnt' either. Sometimes even if they are awake, they will lay in their bed and just be awake, but no such luck Sat. night. Needless to say, Sunday was a very tired day, and I napped for over 2 hours.
I'm just rambling now, so I'll end this with a few pictures from the last few days!
P.S. I've tried twice now to upload pics and it won't let me, so I guess I'll do it later!
1 comment:
I had to use the shield too b/c Tate was early. It took a few weeks to completely wean him and we had good and bad days where he would be off of it, then need it again. Be patient, but persistent b/c my consultant said they can only get about 80% with the shield. I applaud you for doing it with 2. It is great bonding time and I miss it on occasion, we lasted well though making it to 91/2 mos, teeth did us in - talk about TMI
Post a Comment