I'm not sure that's a real word, somehow I think it's not.
I am feeling extremely bittersweet tonight about the weaning process. I'm sure everyone is tired of hearing about my breastfeeding woes, confusing feelings and happiness surrounding it. I know it's the right thing to do, I know the time is right. But just saying out loud, I am choosing not to nurse anymore sounds weird. It feels weird right now. I'm sure it will pass soon, but right now, I feel odd about things. Right...but still odd.
My babies are getting bigger. Yeah yeah I know they're only 9 months old. But they are getting older, they are doing more, they are learning to interact, with me and with each other. They are starting to copy you. William is learning to wave, though I'm not sure he knows what he's doing. Emily has the best smile ever. William scoots to you now. If you tell him to come here, and he's feeling cooperative, he'll scoot right over to you, with a big grin on his face. They both like to jump and Emily likes to dance when she sits up, she bobs her head and her whole body.
They've gone through so much while nursing...and I know this is one chapter that is closing and another will be opening. One of new solid foods and finger foods, eating with a spoon all by themselves, actually eating a puff instead of throwing it on the ground, learning to talk, learning to walk...just all new chapters in our lives. Just sitting here thinking about it gives me a little tear...silently rolling down my cheek.
Anyway, I will buck up and move forward. My children are ready to eat food and drink formula. I know that. They know that. I think they've been telling me for a while now, but I've been in denial. My heart may be a bit slower, my nostalgic feelings may be a bit slower...but logically, it's time...it's time....it IS time!
Happy Wednesday!
3 comments:
Even when you KNOW that it is time to stop it is still hard. All of your feelings are very normal.
you have a blog :) yay!!! I can't wait to read it... I'm about to take the kids to school so I'm just stopping by to comment!! p.s. the last pictures you put up on FB were adorable :)
okay.... I read your post and so feel your pain! I loved nursing both of mine and it was really hard to stop the first time. Hailey was 9 months too and she was ready. I wasn't so much. Jack on the other had would have nursed till he was 3 if I had let him! Those boys :) I had to stop cold turkey with him at 13 months...he was at the point of asking for it and lifting my shirt when ever he felt the need! Doing it now is great because they will move forward so quickly. :)
Post a Comment