Friday, September 18, 2009

Wiggle WORM

AKA, William! That boy hates to be still, for any length of time, unless you're tickling him ( and then he's not really still either). He hates to be on the changing table and gets very irate when you tell him he has to lay still and get his diaper changed. I keep trying to tell him that Mama is not skilled enough yet to dress him while he's on his stomach. I'm sure I'll learn, I just haven't achieved that level yet. He is one wiggly dude though!

My bedtime ritual is going much better, now that Emily watches a movie every night. I know that sounds terrible, and I really didn't think I'd be that person that would plop a kid down in front of the TV...but it works! I put on her Baby Mozart DVD, put her in front of the TV, propped up on some pillows and she barely moves an inch. It gives me time to feed William, lay him down, give him a few extra mins to settle and then we move on to her. She really only watches it for about 20 mins, but it's very effective, no more screaming, no more tears, so we're all happy and I'll just have to accept that I'm using the TV and a DVD to help me take care of my children. I think for now I'll be Ok with that!

I still hate Billy's job, but it's just because I miss him very much. I like our time together, our time at night to watch TV, talk, just do nothing. I like him here. With me. With us. *sigh* I know it's only temporary, but I sure will miss him in the meantime. I'm just waiting for him to get home now...slowly eating a huge cupcake I bought today, that I really shouldn't have, but it was my reward for picking up the babies at the mall. Anytime I drop them off or pick them up from Kristy I feel accomplished and like a real working mom. Since I don't have to take them out anywhere everyday, I think I get off easy most of the time, so on the days I do take them, I feel good about myself. I give myself a little secret pat on the back, even though I guess I'm making it not such a secret anymore. Oh well! Just don't tell anyone else.

I'm rambling now, so I'll end for now. Happy Friday night!

1 comment:

Julie, the mama said...

Glad you found an easy bedtime ritual, and although I am no doctor, I can still guarantee Emily will not be harmed in the least by a few minutes of TV!

Boss is a wiggle worm too. Wonder if it is a boy thing??