Words spoken my Billy's grandma today when she came over to visit. She was telling me a story about one time Billy's papa thought she was "chasing after the milk man." She said that she knocked him upside the head and told him she'd never chase a milk man, or any other man for that matter, that HE was the person she loved and the one she married. End of story. And then knocked him upside the head again, lol...
Hearing her talk about her husband, after all the years they were together, ups and downs, trials and tribulations, just made me feel happy and hopeful. Sad too, because he has been dead now for almost 3 years and she still cries talking about him...but she knows how many good years they had. And you can tell he was the one for her. Not that they were perfect by any stretch of the imagination...but they loved each other. And the knew it, up until the very end.
So today I feel happy with my life and my husband that I love dearly. And even though we too have ups and downs, I know he is the one for me, and the one I want to share every day of my life with. And I think we can do it.
Aside from that sappy note, we took our first stroller walk on Sunday! I have been telling the babies about the outside and telling them that maybe Mama would be brave enough to take them out there one day, so Sunday was the day we decided to try. Daddy was home, so we had his help and it went great. I think they liked it! I might even try again today...with help though, I'm still not brave enough to try alone, lol...maybe one day!
Less than 2 weeks from today I'll be back at work. I can't even belive it. I am scared and sad on so many different levels, and I have no idea what to expect when I go back. I'm just going to try to take it in stride and see how it goes!
I think that's about it for now. Happy Tuesday!
Hearing her talk about her husband, after all the years they were together, ups and downs, trials and tribulations, just made me feel happy and hopeful. Sad too, because he has been dead now for almost 3 years and she still cries talking about him...but she knows how many good years they had. And you can tell he was the one for her. Not that they were perfect by any stretch of the imagination...but they loved each other. And the knew it, up until the very end.
So today I feel happy with my life and my husband that I love dearly. And even though we too have ups and downs, I know he is the one for me, and the one I want to share every day of my life with. And I think we can do it.
Aside from that sappy note, we took our first stroller walk on Sunday! I have been telling the babies about the outside and telling them that maybe Mama would be brave enough to take them out there one day, so Sunday was the day we decided to try. Daddy was home, so we had his help and it went great. I think they liked it! I might even try again today...with help though, I'm still not brave enough to try alone, lol...maybe one day!
Less than 2 weeks from today I'll be back at work. I can't even belive it. I am scared and sad on so many different levels, and I have no idea what to expect when I go back. I'm just going to try to take it in stride and see how it goes!
I think that's about it for now. Happy Tuesday!
Mama with the stroller
Daddy with stroller, starting the walk
Miss Emily smiling for the camera
William and Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment