Tuesday, September 8, 2009

D&D

Defeat and disappointment...that is what I feel right now. Tonight was my first night "alone" with the babies, putting them to bed that is. We have had a really good bedtime ritual down lately, they go to bed and even though they don't' always stay right away, they normally lay down fine. Billy started his new job tonight, Monday - Friday, 6pm-11pm (YUCK!), so that leaves me and the babies to do bedtime by ourselves.
I mean come on, I'm their Mama, one would think the MAMA could put them to bed just fine.
Not so much tonight. William refused his bottle, Emily refused to nurse. I switched them up, Emily took part of a bottle, William refused to nurse. Tried to lay both down, a couple of times, both cried. Screamed actually. Nursed Emily a little. Attempted William with the bottle again and he did ingest a little milk.
I just don't' see what the difference was. I did everything exactly the same way, except Emily had to hang out on the floor while I tried to give William his bottle, and she didn't like that too much. Maybe they miss their Daddy. I know I sure do.
So tonight, I'll be going to bed with a heavy heart, knowing that my first night was not a success. I know that tomorrow is a new day and there will be days that are much much worse than this. But tonight, for me, I am going to just feel down and wallow a little bit and tackle tomorrow night when it comes.
I hear baby noises from the back as I type....Lovely.
:-)

1 comment:

Amber said...

Just think it can only improve from here :)