Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My Daughter's Eyes

I heard that song tonight and I haven't heard it in a year, not since the death of my best friend's mother Renae.They played it at her funeral and I thought it was so perfect, and hearing it again tonight made me think about that terrible day that Renae passed away, but also the fact that I have a daughter now. My very own daughter. Her name is Emily and she is my sweet baby girl, like I always tell her. I tell her she's beautiful. I tell her how how much I love her. I tell her how silly she is and how funny her laugh is. I hold her up and watch her giggle and I watch her little head swivel around to look at anything and everything that comes her way.
Renae was taken from us and then just a few short months later, 2 beautiful babies were brought into the world.
Part of that song says " In your eyes I see the future." And I really do. I was talking to fellow twin mom Rachel today, NEW twin mom, and we talked about how to do this and how to do that, and I smiled remembering how terribly hard it was at first. I thought it would never end, never get better, never improve. I thought my babies would cry every single day for hours on end. I thought they would hate me for making them cry so much. But there was light at the end of the tunnel. And now I think about days of Emily being a toddler and getting her ears pierced and painting her nails and doing her hair ( hopefully she'll grow some by then). And I can see the future. And it makes me so happy and thankful to be where I am today, with my family and these 2 precious precious babies that we call our own.
And yes, I've used the word "AND" more than I care to admit in this post, but I don't care.
Anyway, all of this because of a dumb song. Go figure.

On a different note, the babies have been sick for a little while now. Emily had a cold first, then William got some sort of stomach bug. Billy had the flu. My mom happened to be visiting over the weekend, and thank goodness because I definitely needed the help, but then she got sick too. She went home with the flu and has been out of commission for 2 days. I got my first dose of real throw up, changing sheets, giving bath throw up. Not overly fun, not fun at all!
Hopefully everyone is on the mend now. I went to work for half day today, and Billy also went back to work and school, so hopefully we will be 100% later in the week!

William has another tooth. Emily has none. William is scooting all around, but not crawling. Emily can roll like a maniac, but she's not much of a scooter. We are about to really have to baby proof and be verrry careful about where they go and really keep any eye on them. I think our baby gates are about to go up, which seems crazy to me, but I think it's almost time. Time really does fly by!

Well, I'll end this post tonight. Happy Tuesday!

Baby GAP model

Can you see his new tooth!?

Our little Jaguar fan


First night Mama had them alone for bedtime, this is where he ended up!

Guess who's peeking thru....

2 comments:

Stephanie Perdue said...

Love the new pictures and updates. I hope that your nights are getting easier. I couldn't imagine doing bedtime alone each night.

Julie, the mama said...

What a sweet, sweet post. Emily will LOVE reading this one day. I love your attitude towards being a mama. Those are two very blessed little youngins!