Friday, August 5, 2011

2 whole months



With no blog updates?! I don't know what's wrong with me. I say this each and every blog, all of them start out the same way...and I do have good intentions, they just never come to fruition. So guess what? This is gonna be a list, with not many pictures, since I'm at work, waiting for the day to end.


1) My babies have started school. Kristy got a new job, so they are no longer going to her house during the day. We started on July 25, so this is week #2. So far, pretty good. They love it. They talk about it, they chatter about it on the way home, they are very excited to show me the things they do during the day. Mornings - not so good. It is terrible getting them up, ready and out the door. I know it's still new, but so far, mornings make me feel stressed and frazzled, all before 6:15 AM. Hopefully as the weeks progress, that part will get easier.


2) Hmmm...what can #2 be? See, this is why I don't blog a lot...I don't have much to say! Potty training is still going fine, i would say we are mostly trained, except for sleeping. We still have accidents, but now, I think many of them are NOT accidents and they get disciplined now. Yesterday, William refused to pee in the potty when we got home from school, and then about 3 mins later, I see him naked in the living room, peeing on my carpet. He got in trouble for that, that was NOT an accident. If he does truly have an accident, and a little seeps out, he refuses to put on underwear that are wet, even a little bit. Needless to say, I was a lot of underwear and panties around our house.


3) We are also having some sleeping issues right now, which could be a result of the school change. Emily wants to sleep in our bed every night. She goes to sleep in her room, though many times she won't lay in her bed she sleeps on the floor, but at some point during the night, she's up and in our room. I try to put her back in bed, sometimes it works, sometimes now. I also made them a pallet in our room, because if they want to sleep in my room, I'm ok with that, I just prefer to keep my bed as MY BED. Again, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Emily just climbs in sometimes, and other times she taps me to let me know she's here and she'd like some attention. Hopefully this is a phase that will pass soon!


I turn 32 tomorrow. It's weird, sometimes I have to subtract to make sure I'm saying the right age. It's not so easy anymore, knowing the number is going up and up....harder to subtract! Lol...hopefully our day will be fun and we'll enjoy some time as a family. We don't get enough of that as it is!



Happy Friday!

No comments: