I have decided to sing Jesus Loves Me continuously tonight, instead of drinking a beer. I didn’t even finish 1/2 of it last night and honestly, that’s not me, so it didn’t fit well…even though, my first few sips were delicious. So tonight, Jesus Loves Me it is!
I had to take William to the doctor this afternoon for a check-up on his ears, and they are all clear, which is good! Both babies were good at the doctor, even though they insisted on dragging blankets thru the parking lot and all around the floor at the dr’s office.
We went to Wendy’s afterwards. This is me in the Wendy’s drive-through:
We got home about 5 mins after this…put Emily’s nasty blanket in the washing machine and this is what we went through for the next 30 minutes:
I am NOT liking this stage of tantrums. Thankfully, she only does it at home, and normally, it’s only with Mama…but it is maddening to say the least. I’m not sure how to handle them, except attempt to put her in time-out, though she won’t stay. Yes, I pop her bottom to anyone who is wondering, but it does nothing. I just let her scream and yell it out, and wont’ let her out until she calms down and we can attempt to talk. I have tried being very loving and also being somewhat tough on her, haven’t seen a difference with either. *sigh* I guess she is just 2 1/2.
Another phase we are going through right now is floor sleeping, which I might have mentioned before. I’m not a fan of this either.
Normally, they are both semi under their beds in the morning. They absolutely will NOT lay in their beds…again, not sure what to do about this. I guess as long as they sleep, it’s alright, but it’s a tad unconventional. I also think there are bigger problems in the world than where my kids sleep, so I’m not worrying about it too much.
Ahhhhh, now off to wash dishes and make lunches. Happy Wednesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment